Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Reminiscent of summer


It's blustery wintery snowy disaster outside and all I want to do is bask in the sun! I came across this picture in my stash of photos as I was trying to think of something to blog about, since it's been forever. 

This moment was captured while fly fishing with the boys. Mind you they took me to a place that I'm sure had been planted with a gazillion fishies. Even still my Geno had a hard time catching them. Notice the look of hate and disgust (and possibly a little jealousy) as he looks on at my victory! 

This was taken by Gary I believe, with a cigarette in his mouth and the pole under his arm, I was amazed with his talent. This was such a great day. The boys were such good sports to take my girly butt fishing! I loved it and now I want to do it all the time. If only we had some sun. I know, I know I could go ice fishing, however, that tends to be cold and wet and I'm not really into that. 

Here's another one. This is Gene's sweet sybs. Guys don't hate me for posting this if you hate this pic but I love it! 

Here we have: Gene's sister Diane and her husby David, sister-in-law Kim and husby Greg (Gene's brother for those of you who haven't caught on). Then we have my man Gene and me. (That is not a wedding ring, it's on his right hand.) This was taken by our oh so fabulous waiter at Tequila's in Glenwood Springs, CO. Oh I miss their garlic shrimp, the buttery garlicy deliciousness...........ok sorry let that one get away from me. 
So if you're feeling the winter blues bust out some old summer pics, turn up your heater, have some sort of fruity beach drink with an umbrella, turn up the Buffett, and forget how early you're going to have to get up tomorrow to scrape off your car.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Sorry to say, but I certainly DON'T miss how I felt the rest of the night after eating at To-Kill-Yas. I can't figure out why everyone else ALWAYS loved that place, but for some reason it NEVER loved me!?!? And I miss summer too. Only 15 days into the "official" winter, and we already miss summer! We're sad, sad souls!!